40th Annual Foulweather Bluff Race
Buy shirts as a part of registration or separately on our online store.
COVID-19 update: The differences in this year's race and related acitivies due to COVID-19 restrictions are summarized below:
- All participants must follow current state and Snohomish County COVID-19 restrictions on groups. Currently for Phase 2, the maximum number of people in a group is five, and unless all are from the same household, all must wear masks. Alternatively, boats may submit and follow a plan for racing 6 - 12 crew that meets or exceeds the Governors’ Phase 2 guidelines for outdoor activities, Guided Fishing and Charter Boat Excursions. CYCE may change the rules for participants based on changes to state guidelines.
- Moorage in the Port of Edmonds is limited to the first 30 boats who indicate that they want overnight moorage with registration. With a 10 am first start, we hope that most boats moored within two hours of Edmonds choose to stay home Friday night to reduce rafting and close interaction with boats joining us from farther away.
- There will be no skippers meeting on Saturday. We will send out an email at 8 am on race day with any information that we would normally present at the skippers meeting. We too will miss the free coffee and donuts from Anthony's.
- There will be no prep flags on the committee boat at the start. We will fly class flags and the horn, and use GPS time, at the start.
- There will be no awards party after the race. We will do a brief awards presentation via Zoom at 8 pm on Saturday and mail out the awards.
Without our usual onshore activities, we will run as long a race as the day's weather and the 8 hour time limit allow. We will have a boat ready at Pilot Point to shorten course if necessary. It has been too long since the Foulweather Bluff Race made it all the way to its namesake. So, please plan for a full day if you join us. We hope to see you there.
New in 2020! Foulweather Bluff Race is now a Puget Sound Top 25 Qualifying Race.
Thank you to the 70 boats who raced with us in 2019 - here are the 2019 race results.
The first division will start at 10:00 AM, reverse starting sequence, with multi-hulls in the last start. The start and finish are just north of the Edmonds ferry terminal. The three marks that we use are as follows:
Foulweather Bluff - permanent navigational buoy
Scatchet Head - permanent navigational buoy
Pilot Point - temporary mark
Yachts with a PHRF-NW rating of 180 and lower will race the "Long Course". Yachts with a PHRF-NW rating of 181 and greater and NFS division will race the "Short Course". But, all yachts might be sailling the same course depending on weather. Please see the Sailing Instructions for details on the courses. Scoring is Time on Time.
Trophies include 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each division, plus first overall long and short course, and the perpetual Bill Heston Performance trophy is awarded to the first place overall monohull winner.
This race is also a team event. The Grand Perpetual Foulweather Bluff team trophy is awarded to the yacht club with the best four boats combined finishes.
The earlybird deadline is September 15. The new deadline for getting your boat's name on the shirt is September 21.
Foulweather Bluff Shirts are available for advanced purchase with registration and in our online store. The shirts will be short sleeved with custom designed graphics and names of boats registered by the earlybird deadline. Shirts are $20.
MOORAGE IN PORT OF EDMONDs
Staying in guest moorage Friday night? The Port of Edmonds has overnight moorage available Friday and Saturday. Moorage rates are $1.40 per foot plus 4.50/night for electricity. You set up moorage directly with the Port of Edmonds; race registration fees do not include moorage. We'll be on hand to help you dock. Be ready to raft. Moorage is payable on Friday in person or over the phone until the office closes. Then you can pay using the after-hours pay station atop the guest moorage area, after 7 am on Saturday morning, or over the phone during business hours.
Restaurants at the marina include Anthony’s Home Port, Anthony’s Beach Café, and Arnie's.
The Port of Edmonds is offering a half off sling and wash special.
FOULWEATHER BLUFF COURSES